Saturday, February 23, 2008

Timing my Double

When I first built my double I timed it like one big motor, the front cylinder of both would fire at the same time. There were a few who time there double just the opposite. There bikes sounded a little different than mine and I could usually tell. Anyway, what I was going to say was I changed my mind about that ideal one motor not making a differents to the other. The first thing I did, I timed the front motor one to two degrees faster than the back one. Then when it was idling I adjust the front carburetor, watching the top row of the chain between the motors until it was straight and not shaking up and down, it started making much better runs after that. If the motors are not time to fire like one motor, it’s almost impossible to stop the top of the chain from shaking up and down which was really hard on flywheel alignment. After the burnout my motors would idle about 1000 RPM, they stay that way until the light started green, if during the idle I could hear the front chain start to slap the chain guard I knew it was time for some adjustments.

No comments: