Sunday, February 24, 2008

Look at the AHDRA Spectator Gate

I don't know what else to say, the thing we lost is the "All Bike Meet" instead of this segregation we have now. I don't see it ever coming back, that's what I meant by this post.

My Example: You could have 50 bikes of different classes, and have 100 spectators, throw in 10 Fuel Bikes, get another 100, throw in 10 Funny Cars get another 100, throw in 10 Top Fuel Dragsters, get another 100 and in my day, throw in 10 Fuel Altered and get another 500. The more variety of pro stuff you have the more spectators you have and still when the street stuff comes to the staging lanes the stands began to empty. It's been that way since drag racing started.

The AHDRA has replaced this with an all Harley Field and fills the Bleachers in a good fashion. Maybe that's what the Oriental Bike side of Drag racing should do. As far as West Coast Motorcycle Drag Racing goes, it will never get any better than what you've had. It was the same in "my day", if I wanted to race I had to travel and if you think it was all paid for my Sponsors you are out of your mind. I had a house payment, car payment, insurance's and paid someone to watch my belongings at home for the ten months a year while I was gone. Not only did I race while touring I also work in sales for a few company's, it wasn''t all glory. As far as the entertainment I felt I was doing it was also to help keep Motorcycle Drag Racing an interesting Sport to the Spectators so that we could keep racing. That along was payment enough for me.

No comments: