Saturday, February 23, 2008

My last Single

Yes, that’s my last single. I'm personally getting confused by all these pictures that have kept popping up over the years of my “First 8 Second Bike”. I really don’t know where it is right now. I can tell you that when it left my hands it was the only bike that I built that had a 70” wheel base. I never altered that length. I know where two are, one is owned by Mel, the one that was in the NHRA Museum. I don’t know where he is at this time. The other is owned by The H. Brothers, they have an Auto body and paint business in Big Pine, CA the one that is on eBay was one that my Son altered, and I mentioned it earlier in this thread. I built three that had that same style frame, they are easy to identify, the top tube is tear drop shaped. That shape tube was used in some aircraft in the wing assembly. There was a young man that lived in Baton Rouge that I took under my wing in about 1970 and sent him the blue prints to my frame, he built one that looked pretty much like one of mine but I believe it was longer. He was killed in an airplane crash shortly after that, his Mother called me and I helped her sell her Son’s Drag Racing stuff but I don’t know who it was that bought it. I guess the answer is if some one finds one of my singles that hasn’t been altered and it has a 70” wheel base, axle to axle that’s it. I also built two double engine frames that were Identical, one I sold as is, just the frame and engine plates. I have no ideal where that one is.

No comments: