Sunday, February 24, 2008

Answer to Puppet

I knew about the rear tire slippage in the top end because I could feel the bike grow in the back during the run I had no ideal how much slippage there was because then there was no available computer to figure it. I found out how much my tire grew by installing a 1/16 inch bolt at the bottom of the rear section of the frame where no one could see it and could adjust it 1/4 inch at a time and found the tire grew 3 3/16 of an inch in the center during the run, I figured that was thru the lights so I guess there was some tire slippage even back then. I would get front end lift about the first light, I found there was a deferent’s in the front end lift, one was from a light front end as on my singles and the other was lift at the rear axle. Sliding forward to keep the front end down didn't work but if I slid back which lower the center of gravity it put the front end back on the ground. I never figured if it was from the front end being light or rear axle lift but it work. I tried a coupe different size little wings on the front of the bike which seemed to work some on my singles but it caused ill handling. I wanted to work with motor height but never got to it. I wish I had the tech-knowledge when I raced that there is today, I might have went 2oo with my double before I quit.

No comments: