Sunday, February 24, 2008

Putting load on Motor

About loading the engines. I don't think anybody could have loaded the engines much more than I was doing. I learned about loading the motor standing on the starting line when the Top Fuel cars was running. I notice that certain cars, Big Daddy, The Snake, to name a few, when they left the starting line there motors always had a growl to them that other cars didn't have and after watching them for a while I realized that they didn't have the motors as high in RPM as others leaving the starting line. It was kind of a what they use to call a dead stick leave. In other words the clutch was sit up with more weight on launch and was controlled with throttle. I would spend time on the starting line (before they had sliders) and watch the bikes and a rider would get an exceptionally good ET run and come back to the pits all excited, get ready for another run and couldn't do it again. The reason was because he got the clutch out sooner on the good run and not on the second run, he didn't realize the deferents. That was the advantage I learned in the beginning that I used thru out my racing.
I never blew very many bottom ends due to cases, I took off a lot of top ends due to Hydraulicking a piston, bent rod, pulled pin boss, stuck piston once and that took out the cases. I would use my same pistons over and over when doing a top end.
Some more crap out of my mouth,

No comments: