Sunday, February 24, 2008

Freemont California

Yeah, you got it right, it was Ron riding. That was the race that was suppose to be "off the trailer" no tune up runs and Bernard and Teson talked the track into a single run. All my match races were off the trailer or I wouldn't do them. I felt if you were match racing you were professional enough not need them. It made Fringer so mad he talked me into letting him make one, I was against it but we went ahead. Fringer made a burn out that was almost half track and I'm running down the track hollowing don't touch the throttle but he did and up it went. That double made the shortest burn outs than any bike out there but he was so upset he got carried away. The injectors was pretty new to me at the time and it was over rich in volume for that kind of burn out and fuel got past the pistons, probably the rear one and kaboom. If he had let the thottle alone it would have either quit running or cleared out. I had been thru it myself a few times and learned the hard way with my singles, he had been told about it but he was over excited. He knew he was suppose to make short burnouts.

No comments: