Friday, February 22, 2008

Busted on the Rollers

Yes, I was at Atco one year, the fuel bikes were there to qualify for an eight bike field. I remember how hot and wet it was and it wasn’t even raining. And then it did rain and got even wetter. I never could figure out where all those people went when it started to rain, the stands were full and then just empty. It wasn’t a good time for me at Atco. There was a set of rollers in the pit area and after getting my bike ready for a run I went to these rollers to fire up to check things out. I pushed up and this guy ushers me onto the rollers. He ask me if I was ready and I said go, I let the clutch out and the bike jumps backwards off the rollers, he had me on backwards. We really got into it, his Atco excuse was he thought the bikes went on the other way. After we calmed down and he left another guy took his place and I fired. I didn’t know it at the time but the damage was already done. When I went to make a pass I didn’t get off the starting line, the little episode at the rollers did me in and I flipped a sprag in the transmission, that’s all folks. That was my one trip to Atco

No comments: