Saturday, February 23, 2008

Tom Jr. Come-a-my House for Party

I remember that night too. You Strawn, Boris, Kateley, Steve Gibbs (NHRA), Carl , wasn't Collins there! Damn, its been so long I don't remember who all was there but I know there was a lot of big names. It was sit up as I remember, a NHRA party-meeting on a lot of things Gibbs and I had kicked around, which made Strawn pretty hot. It was a good and bad night. We had a great atmosphere going and coming. There was a few that I tried to keep out of the glares between Strawn and I, such as you and Gibbs. Wasn't there some other member of the press there that night, can't remember. I know Gibbs didn't leave that night very happy about what was said. You remember all Strawn wanted to talk about was that damn dead man switch. Anyway, I do remember you were there, I believe we spent some time in the garage doing some bench racing. Wasn't that in 72 or 73. I like Strawn but he was as hard to get along with as, I suppose I was when it came to the rules for Top Fuel. I think part of his problem was he didn't stick to the same guys when he had meetings to govern the rules, did I spell that right. I know I wasn't invited to all of them. Gibbs was the one that didn't like that. Rambling along here.

No comments: