Saturday, February 23, 2008

Rocket Bike Ride

No Laws!!!!!! How many Drag Strip Rules did he break on that run???? Safety Rules are made for the real racers to follow. Anybody with enough guts can make a fool of his self and impress some people. I heard about that day and knew who would have done that without hearing his name. I knew Larry pretty well myself and like I said in one of my short stories. "Larry was like a stick of dynamite walking around", and every once in awhile he lit the fuse.
He should have went through proper channels trying to get it so he could run it, or stuck to the strips that would allow him to run. Some of the bike racers should have stepped in and changed his mind about doing that stunt. It just put another bad mark against Motorcycle Drag Racing. I spent a lot of my career trying to get away from being called a “Biker Racer” to be called a “Drag Racer” and things like Larry’s stunt hurt at that time. It was only impressive to some Bike People.

No comments: