Saturday, February 23, 2008

Joe Hunt Mags


Someone earlier mention I ran Sportster Mags. The ones shown here were Joe Hunt Mags, they were specially put together for my motors, and the point rotor was ground to fit each motor which has a different firing and top dead center because of the 45 degree grind on HD crank cases and they had special condensers and points. At the time I tried the other ignition systems that needed a battery and had too much trouble with that type of ignition.
Looking at picture of the race bikes of today I can see how crude my picture must look to most of you. But all the plates and mounts was cut out on a band saw and shaped with a sander, welded by me when needed. I laugh some times when I remember the first set of fuel nozzle I had for a converted HD carburetor to run fuel was made on a drill press using different shaped files and a 1/4 inch drill motor.

No comments: