Friday, February 22, 2008

TC looses, Smith Snoozes

They show a picture of Bob PSB Sportster, nice bike as I remember, in the text their is a mention he beat Joe Smith at Indy in 1973. I remember that year well, that was the last year of the single engine for me. I came to Indy that year with a 5 inch M&H tire on the back with a Lenco trans. I drew TC in the semi's and after the burn out they shut TC off because he was leaking fuel and oil on the starting line, I remember he was really mad and let them know right there on the starting line. I made a single and on the run I ran an 8:64 with that two speed trans the front wheel never touched the ground till about the 1000 foot mark, what a ride. Going down the return road I'm telling my wife we have another Indy win all we have to race is Routts double. I was so sure of a win, Bob got out in front of me off the line by three bike lengths and I couldn't catch him. I remember the head lines in the bike section of the National Dragster read " TC LOOSES, SMITH SNOOZES. So, it just proves, don't ever get to cocky.

No comments: