Sunday, February 24, 2008

No Sevens in 1974

Thanks, there is a lot of mix up around that time about times turned. Even Leo was supposed to have turned in the 7's some time around that time. I never believed any times in top fuel unless they were turned at a NHRA National event. The reason, I was asked at US 30 one time at an exibition what I wanted to turn that day. We were standing in the timing tower at the time and I noticed a stock bike was making a run and the time he got on the clocks was not the time that was anounced, it was a little bit more than the clocks said. I kept watching while the guy was talking and it was done a couple time more. I told him I wanted the time I turned that registered on the clocks. Always made me wonder!!!!
It's hard for me to research some of the stuff because I lost a lot of Magazines and things I was saving that had all that info in it. Also, around that time a lot of the guys that wrote for Magazines had there favorites and I was for some the least favorite.

No comments: