Sunday, February 24, 2008

Answering Question from old and new Friends

In the old days I felt the same, I thought I was good enough to do just about anything I wanted to do, and probably did. But I've kind of lost that "steal the show" ideal, especally with friends like Bob Laidlaw. We go back a long way, a lot of good and bad things in the past which makes it imposible to just show up. I'm sure there are some people that would remember me (we all have that) and would maybe make a trip to Laidlaws to say Hello, but if they don't know I'm going to be there I believe I would just be sitting there looking out of place. But thanks for the good words.

Yes, Elmer was another one that set some great standards in Top Fuel Motorcycle Drag Racing. I believe he was the one that really change the way Top Fuel was looked at, from my day to his day. I knew Elmer, but not well, I wish I had know him as a friend, it would have been a great experiance.

The sound of my motor? My Double, the years I rode that bike I never thought to much about the sound it made until I had Ron ride it and I stood on the starting line behind it and then I knew what every one was talking about. I think I was the one that was the most amazed. I had stood behind all of the Double Harleys at the drags but none sounded like my, strange isn't it, the things in the drag race world that never change, just the plain fun it is.
I thank you for the very kind words.

No comments: