Sunday, February 24, 2008

Wayne Davis Crash

I knew Wayne very well. We became friends the hard way. One night at Irwindale he was making burnouts in the pit area and flipped the bike over his head and landed on his head, laying there out cold and I use my clean shop rags for the blood that was running out his head. I use to go by his shop on Irwindale road for some bench racing.
He was killed on his bike one night on the way home from work. He worked on that Drag Bike a long time and it was going to be fast, probably to fast for his riding abilities.! He told me once that he may get someone to do the riding.

1 comment:

Mr. Rogers said...

Thank you for the information. I knew Wayne Davis too. I did some work on his shop and I had a Z1 900 and he helped me with it.

What year did he die?