Sunday, February 24, 2008

Furious Comptition

Yeah, I did some research, found a little on the 1975 race. I believe how it went was it was all about me until Russ made his seven second run. Gordon was in my pits that day and we had qualified with a low 8 second run, 176 MPH and we put those dual float bowls on for the first time and made a pass at 8.02, 180.36 followed up with a 181.45 at 8.25 and then a 182.55 at 8.12. The big thing was really the runs in the 180's so we were looking pretty good until Russ ran that seven second run. I believe he had low ET and I had MPH that day.
The seven second Harley thing came I believe at Ontario the year I had Ron riding for me. He made a run in the high sevens and my bike was the first seven second Harley. A few runs later Thronson ran a better seven by quite a bit and everyone just forgot about our run.
It's been a long time back to that race and it's hard to remember every detail. The other thing that was going around the pits that day was the three qualifying passes I made against Danny . Every time we came to the rollers to fire he was in the lane next to me. He wanted the lane I had on the last pass and we flipped for it and he lost, but when he fired he crossed over and took my lane, that run was the 182.55 at 8.12 I turned. Anyway, they were great days and furious competition.

No comments: