Saturday, February 23, 2008

Too much Windshield above Handlebars

Yes, you are right about the windshield, there was a lot of it. That was going to be corrected with the final design. That bubble like windshield was pretty thick and I didn't see any flex during a run, of course I had my hands pretty full on ever run. The picture shows the fairing resting on supports under and through the frame. I had it mounted to the bike pretty good. I never got up to full speed because of the wind so I don't know about the lift, but it seem to be pushing down all the time. It was an ugly thing to look at but I believe the final design (which would have been more streamlined) would have worked, but only on a "no wind situation". How many of those did we have? Harley didn't want to invest money on something that was limited to just making a run when there was no wind.

No comments: