Saturday, February 23, 2008

Battleships have no Sails

I believe the 190 might have been a little over estimated but it always helped to keep a high number in mind. Back then, when you couldn't buy speed and had to come up with a new way to get it. Those high number thoughts some times worked. If I was a young man with the money I could buy a complete bike today and go damn fast. Anybody, today that builds a race bike from the ground up, I admire, and people like Puppet at Race Vision’s that has build so many great race bikes, I double admire. And to you Frankie, it would be a great honor to make a burn out on your fuel bike. But I will have to pass on that offer; it’s way too much to ask of me. And besides, in my entire racing career, even though I was ask to do that by many racers, I made it a point, (after the "Barn Job" tried to chew me up), to never throw my leg over any other race bike. The only fuel bike in my time that I wished I could have had a ride on was Boris Murray's Double, especially when we were still making smoke runs off the line.

No comments: