Saturday, February 23, 2008

Was that the Eight Second Bike

Yes, that was the Eight Second bike, but with a 108 inch motor. That was the first of the bikes that I built completely by myself. Frame, trans engine heads, it was before I got togethr with Mondello Heads. It had a Cam in it that I got from Jimmy Lieneweber he had ran in a Panhead that didn't work. It had welded lobs on it. A few years later Jimmy got it back and copied it to make cams to sell. We kind of had a little spat about that back then But it all worked out in the end. That Bike was so light in the forks that in the pits, sitting on the block, I could pop the throttle and the front wheel would jump off the ground. I never ran more than 86 % in that bike. Believe me with that light front end it was a hand full to ride.

No comments: