Saturday, February 23, 2008

Racers that won't join a Forum

Yes, you're right, but I think there are some that felt they lost a lot when drag racing or should I say left drag racing or both and maybe don't want to talk about it. In my case I had been so far out of the whole thing that I kind of forgot about it. Wasn't around anybody that had anything to do with drag racing or motorcycles. I had lost contact over the years with every one I knew. Getting older and poorer had a lot to do with it too

I was ask last year to come to the Reunion at Bowling Green by Steve Gibbs (NHRA) and Frank Spittle. My Daughter came along with me or I probably wouldn't have gone. Frank told me about Forums and the trip to Bowling Green renewed my interest in all of this and brought back old memories that I had kind of forgot about. At Bowling Green I was still kind of famous, I always ate that up anyway, so here I am. I'm starting to remember what made me a drag racer, how I got started and who helped me get started. You know in the beginning when I got the ideal to drag race the only reason it was a motorcycle was because it was cheaper than a car. Oh well that's another story

No comments: