Saturday, February 23, 2008

Complete Head Set

Ken's last name was Tipton, that's the T between
M and C. MTC operated a lot of years in the California area and then moved back east, Florida I beleive. MTC use to make my 4130 blank valve guides for my Winona Bronze Coil insert. They're in the picture of the head kit I sold. I use to know what those letters stood for, I'll be darn if I can think of them now. Gordon should remember. MC use to make the only forged piston on the market for motorcycles but the pin boss use to crack, plus you couldn't keep the black death out of them. Every time I took a motor apart for rings I would find at least one piston with a cracked pin boss, usually the front. But they were better than the old Robbins piston which was cast, they broke pin bosses too. We didn't have a good piston until Burkhart came on the scene, they came with his 4130 Cylinders.

No comments: