Saturday, February 23, 2008

From Barry in Australia

This photo was taken at Phase 4 MC in 1979 when Ken & Fran were in Australia.
We were running an AA/B at the time it was Friday and we had the motor upside down on the bench checking the gearbox, And Ken asked are you running auto on the 1-2-3 shift I said i have heard about it but I did not know how it was done.We were racing on the Saturday and I did not think I could get anyone to cut the gears in time.No problem said Ken have you got a Dremel yes Ken then went to the rag bin and found a couple of old T shirts to cover his good clothes and spent the next 2 hrs modifying the gears we put the motor back in the bike went to the track won the event and set a new record. And that was Ken nothing was to much trouble.

As Randy was saying every time you went to dinner with Ken & Fran they always paid, Ken always told me my Australian money was no good in the US.


Yep, that's Kenny. What did he do grind the gears so they would come out easier to go to the next gear. He had a lot of tricks up his sleeve, just not everybody knew that. That's a great picture.

No comments: