Saturday, February 23, 2008

Centrifigal Clutch Idea

When Barnett first came out with centred iron clutch plates and we found that you couid slide them by hand. I can't remember but I think T C was the first to have a slider, I believe it was Gregory's thing when he was T C Crew Chief. I didn't develope one until toward the end of my race career (for my double) using Barnett plates and floaters I was already using a 14 plate set up I put together. Mine wasn't really build to be a slider, it was to take the slip out when I made a gear change. It was a special hat that bolted onto the Sportster clutch shell. Mine worked because Gordon spent so much time learning how to make it work, then it started working off the starting line. I just rode and he adjusted. When I went to a B & J Transmission I changed over to a Crower three plate clutch. This was after 1975.

No comments: