Sunday, March 9, 2008

Would you ride one and Who brings the Spectators

Yeah, I have the same feeling today, but if you could take one back 35 years I bet I could make some great runs.

You have to admit it takes all kind of racers, drivers and riders to make Drag Racing what it is today but it would be a pretty sad if every one rode only what you ride, there would be no Drag Racing, not today, maybe fifty years ago when thats all there was around but stock cars and bikes.

It seems that the argument right now is mostly between riders from the past and Sport class bikes from the past and present, the ones that buy and ride a street bike and just because it is a fast bike at the drags it's still just a street bike, the same bike you can ride to work every day. Don't come back and tell me it's because you did this to it and that to make it go faster and quicker because that's exactly what the bikes up ahead of you in the bigger classes do to make there bike go faster, being it fuel or what ever. Isn't that what Drag Racing is all about. I wouldn't want the Top Fuel and Funny cars today to go the same speed and ET as the one you buy off the show room floor that it is representing.

I said before, I raced my whole career on a Top Fuel bike without Wheelie bars but wheelie bars that's how they do it today. A Harley, whether the parts look like a motor or not that runs in the sixes at over 200 MPH and "Spiderman" that just ran another ET in the fives and has gone almost 250 MPH, well I don't know how you could put that any place but the thing that every body's wants to see.

I think we, the ones that have concern for what is happening to Motorcycle Drag Racing should let things lie, and do for our selves, meaning AHDRA, they seem to have plenty of spectators, it sure impressed me at Las Vegas.

No comments: