Friday, March 7, 2008

1968 Match Race

Frank,
Times, dates are a little confusing for the time of that match race. I think it was when I was building my first chassis and that race was when it was still a stock frame. It says low percentage, I can't remember what it was because when I first went to fuel I started with 10 percent and when I got tuned to that I went up to twenty percent, I did it ten percent at a time so I could learn how fuel worked. There was no charts then, I mixed with a two cup cooking measurer, you know one cup of this and nine cups of that, etc. It was somewhere around 1968, I think and I think I won all three rounds. I don't recall what the AHRA records were we had but I think one of us had the ET and the other had the speed record and I think it was a track record, just can't remember.

No comments: